Horses & Large Animals Community
animal cruelty

Welcome to the Horses & Large Animals Forum!
This forum is for questions and support regarding your horses and other large pets!

animal cruelty

I live in bluefield west virginia not far from the mercer (MRSA) county animal shelter and one of your supervisors of the shelter has been taking horses around this area which i do agree with if they are not feed or have shelter but she takes these horses tells the shelter she has room to take care of them her home is setting on about 2 acres of land which now she has 4 horses 3 on her property that she does not have barn room 1 of the horses which she bought about 5 years ago she could not feed so she turned the horse lose on an old strip job which is located on browning lambert mountain where they never go to feed the horses hay the snow around here has been bad this year  so how are these anmial being takin care of with no shelter to get out of the cold the highest tempture around here since november is like 38  along with this one horse that she turned lose her next door neighbor has 5 horses there and he is a guy who transfers horses from state to state to make a profit on them no matter if they are sent to be slattered or what they DO NOT CARE about these horse all they are talking about is how they plan to leave them on that strip job where there is no feed no hay and no shelter until spring whne the price will go up on the sale of horses i have been around horses for 26 years it takes a averge of 50 to 75 pund of horse feed and about 5 bales a hay a week and about 15 gallon of water during the winter month to keep a horse in good shape plus worming them and everything else  and for this animal shelter to let this employe do this to animals that have already been abused i think it needs a stop put to it because it is uncalled for  these anmial cant dig into snow to find food and g to these old ponds with water froze not to mention that these are holes where the mines made for run off water it cant be clean fresh water  Thanks for reading this and i just posted this so someone can check into this and stop it from happening i have contacted sevral diffrent law enforcment  dont want to contact the anmial shelter because they would question her she would deni what is going on and the horses will just be moved from the strip they are on and put on a diffrent strip mines   what type of authorties could i contact with this info and get these animals  in a place to be feed , clean water and shelter
Thank you for posting. In addition to Community Supervisor here at MH, I also have a foundation that helps rescue horses, so I am well aware of situations like you describe. It is quite possible that the animal shelter to which this woman is associated is unaware of her circumstances and her inability to properly care for horses that have been turned over to her. A call to this animal shelter would be in order to start. What is the exact name of this animal shelter?  Let's start there. Let me know.