Horses & Large Animals Community
animal hoarder

Welcome to the Horses & Large Animals Forum!
This forum is for questions and support regarding your horses and other large pets!

animal hoarder

Hello I have very important question please help me out. I have a good friend and I known her about yr now and only been to her house one time and here's why one she has an awful mean husband that don;t like her to have ppl over but thats not bad part. She has 26 animals 11 outside big unfriendly dogs that only she can interact with which is ok, 6 inside little dogs and 6 or7 inside cats now she lives in older 2 bedrroom 2 bath trailer which is fine but once you walk in door all you smell is cat pi$$ awful and her house is a plum mess something you would see on tv hoarders that bad. She loves her animals and takes care them but not house. She has Hep B and Hep C which is fine but she ask me last week if I would come over wednesday on my day off and help her clean house I told her I would but my friend told me that I should not because I could catch someting help Hep B or bring parvo home to my saint bernard (she has had many dogs in past die from parvo and they burried outside in back yard... Is this possible to catch something or is my friend being over scared. I want to help her clean up she asking for help It's so bad that her 2nd bathroom the tub is used as a litter box wow . Now I am a very very clean erson I'd planned on wearing gloves etc... what do you all think any advise please help me I don;t want to do something that would hurt myself or my dog,,
I think your willingness to help this lady is commendable, but I agree that first, you should be certain of your own health, any risks, and to any risks of bringing something home to your own pet.  

That said, this is the Horse & Large Animals Forum you have posted on. May I suggest you copy this and paste on, perhaps, the Ask A Veterinarian- Animal Health General board?  Since what you are asking deals with specific diseases and risks, that would be the best place to go. As well, you might want to cross post on the Ask A Doctor Forum for Hepatitis for your concerns specific to those.

Good Luck!