Hospice Community
Support for children with deceased/terminally ill parents

WELCOME TO THE HOSPICE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Hospice Care. The goal of hospice care is to provide comfort, relieve physical, emotional and spiritual suffering, and to promote the dignity of terminally ill persons. Topics discussed in this community are: Bereavement Care, Coordination of Care, End of Life Care, Family Support, Home Care, Inpatient Care, Insurance Issues, Pain Control, Respite Care, Spiritual Care, Symptom Control, When to Call Hospice.

I'm currently in the process of trying to set up a program with the local hospice to provide support for children of deceased parents or parents with terminally illness. I was wondering if anyone have any related experience and can provide me with some key areas that I should focus on when designing the program (if you were someone who has been through or is going through these, what sort of things you wish you could have to ease the transition?)
Thanks in advance for any suggesting and ideas!