Hospice Community
ischemic stroke into hospice care
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE HOSPICE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Hospice Care. The goal of hospice care is to provide comfort, relieve physical, emotional and spiritual suffering, and to promote the dignity of terminally ill persons. Topics discussed in this community are: Bereavement Care, Coordination of Care, End of Life Care, Family Support, Home Care, Inpatient Care, Insurance Issues, Pain Control, Respite Care, Spiritual Care, Symptom Control, When to Call Hospice.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ischemic stroke into hospice care

My mom 81 year had a second massive ischemic stroke two weeks ago that affected her left side, eyes sights, can't swallow and unable to respond questions.  First stroke was 10 years ago, which was a hemorraghic stroke on the left side of the brain (she recover from it).  Now, she has been taken to hospice care where they have stopped all medication she was taking and now they are talking about reducing her nutrition via feeding tube.  I have a feeling that hospice is ending her life with Ativan and Morphine to relive her of pain and suffering.  I don't know if her prognosis was terminal in the first place. If it wasn't terminal in the first place, day to day it seems to be terminal after starting the hospice care.

What can I do to clear all these doubts? I feel desperate as time is not on my side.
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hospice Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank