my mama
i want to call hospice in for my sick mom but hospital won't release her records to me why?????????????

Not sure how it is in Florida or in Georgia, but I do know the Hospice I worked with actually admitted patients while they were still in the hospital. If they were in the hospital for the same diagnosis they were being admitted to hospice for......... hospital would pay hospital, but only for contraced amount of $$$$$ thry had with hospital. If they had no contract with hospital, they would do case by case, All being said if hospice admitted patient while they were still in hospital, they made less $$$$ . Sad. Hospice would make sure pt was comfortable. They also made sure pt. last wishes were honored. ( in regards to their living will ) In regards to patient being comfortable, hospital staff was not comfortable giving doses of pain medicines that it took for patient to be comfortable. Our medical doctor was/had special training in controlling pain. Hope this has helped you in some way. Blessings to you and your family as well as your Mother as you make the decision to help make last days of your Mom's life and the memories you will have to hold on to will be pnes you can cherish as opposed to ones where she was in agony as she was in the active stage of death. Not sure reason you want to call Hospice, but as I said earlier, hope this will help , if even in the smallest of ways.   Madlyn