Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
20 yr old male recently diagnosed with hpv. Any Advice?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

20 yr old male recently diagnosed with hpv. Any Advice?

I'm a 20 year old male who just got diagnosed with HPV and I'm freaking out. Does this mean I won't be able to have a wife and kids? I'm feeling very scared and if anyone who has gone through this situation before could give me any resources or advice I would really appreciate it. Thanks
13 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I also have hpv I don't know a lot about it but I do want to assure you that you will be able to have a wife just be open with her and if she can't accept it she doesn't deserve you. Also you will be able to have children I have two beautiful children and another one the way. I was also scared when I found out but it will be ok.
Blank
Thanks for the reply. It's comforting to know you're not alone.
Blank
Your very welcome. You may think you are but I can promise you that your not. Good luck with your life journey!
Blank
Good luck to you too!
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
so you have an obvious wart?  has it been treated yet?

grace
Blank
It's obvious. No, I have not had it treated yet. Any suggestions about treatment?
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
just have them cut if off. the quickest and easiest way to deal with this :)

genital warts are a cosmetic concern,  not a health risk. they are no different from a wart on your hands or feet. no reason to think you won't have a family or anything like that from this!
Blank
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.
Blank
Question Grace: Even after I have the warts removed, won't I still be able to pass on HPV? If that's the case, it's going to be pretty difficult to get a girl to stick around I would think.
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
typically if the warts don't reappear in a year, you've "cleared" the virus and the risk to a partner is minimal if even that.  
Blank
Ok, this information is from your personal doctor?
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
no,it's information from scientific studies as well as from the hpv info on ashastd.org and the cdc.  
Blank
Thanks!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949