Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
20 yr old male recently diagnosed with hpv. Any Advice?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

I'm a 20 year old male who just got diagnosed with HPV and I'm freaking out. Does this mean I won't be able to have a wife and kids? I'm feeling very scared and if anyone who has gone through this situation before could give me any resources or advice I would really appreciate it. Thanks
I also have hpv I don't know a lot about it but I do want to assure you that you will be able to have a wife just be open with her and if she can't accept it she doesn't deserve you. Also you will be able to have children I have two beautiful children and another one the way. I was also scared when I found out but it will be ok.
Thanks for the reply. It's comforting to know you're not alone.
Your very welcome. You may think you are but I can promise you that your not. Good luck with your life journey!
Good luck to you too!
so you have an obvious wart?  has it been treated yet?

grace
It's obvious. No, I have not had it treated yet. Any suggestions about treatment?
just have them cut if off. the quickest and easiest way to deal with this :)

genital warts are a cosmetic concern,  not a health risk. they are no different from a wart on your hands or feet. no reason to think you won't have a family or anything like that from this!
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.
Question Grace: Even after I have the warts removed, won't I still be able to pass on HPV? If that's the case, it's going to be pretty difficult to get a girl to stick around I would think.
typically if the warts don't reappear in a year, you've "cleared" the virus and the risk to a partner is minimal if even that.  
Ok, this information is from your personal doctor?
no,it's information from scientific studies as well as from the hpv info on ashastd.org and the cdc.  
Thanks!