Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
3 + lsil paps

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

3 + lsil paps

I have just received my 3rd diagnosis of a lsil pap in 2.5 years.  I have had 2 colpos aldera treatment, laser treatment and surgery.  I am really questioning myself.  The first one was vain 3/4 the second vain 2/3.  It has only been 6 months this time between treatments.  I am scared wondering if I should get more aggressive in the treatment of this.  I have to go in tomorrow for a bx and colpo to see what stage this is.  My question is what is considered an aggressive treatment when you are having so many abnormal paps.  ...My husband and I have been monogamous for the last 28 years,  he was in the navy for our first 4 years of marriage and he was not.  I look forward to your response.

Thank you.
Tags: LSIL, 3, scared

Because I have only known I have HPV for a month and still in a learning process I am not sure how to answer your question. I really think you need a forum with medically trained perfessionals. The STD forus has people who work in the medical field and answer or you can pay the $20 and ask the expert (doc) STD forum.

I would suggest working to build a healthy immune system and trying not to stress too much. I know it is scary and I wish you the best with your recovery!