Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Abroad and Sacred!

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Abroad and Sacred!

The Doctor here in Asia found warts I couldnt see in Nov. 07.  I had them removed.  Feb. I went back and other warts had appeared, not really noticing what they looked like, but nervous and had them checked, yup warts again!
Both times I had them lasered off, I was put on IV and laided in a CRS Machine (wave machine, hot feeling on the groin).

After a vacation, I was worried and went back, this time to another STD Doc, who found two warts under the old scar, is that possible?  I was lasered again, on the previous scars.  They gave me another wave therapy (expensive too) a probe that the nurse would press on my penis and around my groin.  No pain, like touching your hand to the table, I didnt understand this but was told it would work!  Then the CRS machine.  Are these machines common, effective? Has anyone else heard of it?

Through out this ordeal I have had a bacterial infection of the prostate.  My legs have been aching and throbbing unbelievably for 6 months.  Can HPV create prostate troubles?  I was clean for other STDs.  I dont have trouble urinating, ejaculating, erections.  My legs and hips, buttocks just ache horribly.

Iam afriad now that the HPV could spread to the inside of my penis or move to my anus?  I use the same towel to dry off, can it spread this way?  Iam deathly afraid of Oral HPV, having had my mouth examined by dentists.  I read in the TIMES and others online that Oral HPV is becoming common, causing Oral Cancer of all kinds.  What would be the risk of HPV 11.  Yes Ive had oral sex.
The bright side  was I didnt have Herpes, but now Ive read some have herpes of the prostate or it remains dormant for sometime.  
Ive had tests that only state I have HPV-11.  This HPV type is most common and least fearful I read, true?  Iam a 25 year old and really sad my life has seemed to stop at this age.  Ive had 3 treatments of HPV, when will it end?  Of course Iam stressed, does that cause it to return? Beer, smoking, food, fatigue, does it all have to do with HPV?  God my entire life is changed!  I feel I cant go on like this, its just so horrific.

Any help, advice, suggestions would be greatly appreciated, its nice speaking to the outside World!  Iam sorry if I havent used the correct terms, I dont know, I cant translate from the doctors here.
I am sorry, but I am afraid you are the victim of fraud. I am not sure what that wave or the CRS machine is but it is not an approved method for treating HPV. And how were you diagnosed with HPV 11 as there are no tests available for men. If you do have HPV it should resolve in 18 to 24 months anyway. So relax and quit spending your money on disreputable treatments. The other symptoms need to be checked. HPV does not cause prostate symptoms. You can read more about HPV on the CDC website. just go to CDC.gov. you should find it. Take care.
You you've never heard of some kind of mircowave machince treatment?  Its a big machine, you lay down like getting a CT Scan and "waves" are sent out onto the groin?  
I though it was b.s. but the Docs seemed so convincing.  
I took a blood test and the test came back HPV 11!  It said it on the paper, what do you mean there is no test!  Why would they test my blood for Herpes and HPV if the test doesnt show anything!!!!!
So you telling me I could have a higher level of HPV?! They said it was a lower level, 11!!!!
Are you a doctor? Why would they test if it cant be tested?  So theres a chance I have Herpes to???!!!
This site causes more stress than relieves.  Thanks.
I have never heard of a CRS machine.  I would post in the expert forum to ask opinions on this.

Were your warts biopsied after removal?  This would be the only way to know specifically what strain you have (you were told you have type 11).  A blood test will not detect HPV.  And there's no "higher level" of HPV, simply different strains.  You may be referring to high risk HPV (the type that DOES NOT cause visible genital warts but can sometimes lead to cervical cancer in women).  If you have genital warts, you have low risk HPV.

I wouldn't worry about HPV developing inside your penis, and oral HPV is highly rare.  The HPV will go away in time (average duration of low risk is 8 months), and you shouldn't stress yourself out about this.  While getting HPV isn't desirable, it's normal.

I would read up at the CDC website, American Social Health Association and here in the expert forums on HPV.  This may help answer a lot of your questions.
I never even got a clear glimpse of what the warts actually looked like.  Ive seen some horrible pictures or big patches of warts, I never had this.  The doc looked and removed.
When the test paper came back it said negative for Herpes and postive of HPV 11.  I dont understand how they came to it after the blood test!
What are the chance I have herpes if I havent had any signs for months now?  God I am alone in this. foreigner in foreign land.  How can I find out the strain!!! Why would they tell me its 11????
Doomsday site this is.  Thanks
Over 90% of genital warts cases are caused by strains 6 & 11, perhaps this is why this strain was mentioned.  I'm not your doctor, so I can't answer for him.  But it is impossible to diagnose HPV with a blood test.  There's really no purpose in finding out what strain you have, and this isn't routinely done.  Have you ever had any warts you have seen with your own eye or did the doctor just diagnose this out of the blue?  I don't know much about herpes, but it doesn't seem like you need to be that concerned at this point, particularly if you've been tested.  Since things with your provider seem a little unorthodox, I would pay the $15 to post in the expert forum and ask about all of this.
I havent seen the warts with my own eyes, nothing has really looked weird to me.  After I the Doc told me I had, I never knew.  I knew nothing really about HPV I just told him to check for STD and Herpes.  He said I had HPV.  since I see little bumps and now im paranoid about everything i see dont there, but those are common bumps he says.  I had laser twice with one doctor.  When it came back a third time I went to another who lasered and used some radio wave machine for a week.  **** i have no idea!!!!
It isnt bad enough I have to deal with this junk, now I have to be worried the doctors are cheating or lying to me!
Ive spent over a 1000 bucks on prostate and HPV treatments.  I just want to give up now.  15 bucks to post a question? another rip off.
So drinking and smoking will continue the HPV?  Oral HPV is common or not?  How do you know?  HPV spreading to the buttock and anus possible?  It just never ends, i cant live like this.  And now back to the prostate page............
"15 bucks to post a question? another rip off."

I disagree.  The doctors in the MedHelp forum are highly respected and knowledgeable.  $15 seems a small price to pay for an honest medical opinion compared to $1000 for what seem like experimental treatments.  Personally, if it were me and I was having issues with my own provider and in a foreign country, I would ask a question.  But it's your life.

Though your tone seems a tad accusatory, I'll answer anyway.  One reputable (and free!) source and key to discovering oral HPV is rare, is simply browsing through the expert forums here.  I'm not saying it never happens.  But it is rare, and something I wouldn't be concerned about at this time.  HPV can spread to the buttocks/anus, but if you haven't had symptoms yet, I wouldn't worry about this.

Every medical professional I've talked to (or whose opinions I've read) hasn't said there's a medically verified link between drinking and smoking and HPV.  However, cutting back on the two is always a healthy practice and good for your immune system (the immune system is what rids of HPV).  But don't expect the warts go away solely because you stopped drinking and smoking.

I'm sorry you are having issues with your provider and financial difficulties, but I think your panicking isn't warranted just yet.  HPV is a common, normal thing that pretty much everyone gets at one point or another.  I think you should read up on approved treatment, and perhaps find a physician who will treat you with a traditional treatment, at an affordable price.  Though if your warts are gone, you may not need treatment again in the future.  I would also recommend reading up on HPV in general from reputable sources (some are listed in my journal here), it may help curb many of your fears.
Listen, I thank you kindly for answering me.  Iam indeed freaking out and may come off as a real jerk, I appologize.  Iam abroad, and with that bring a huge communications barrier.  Ive read alot on HPV, although my questioning sounds like I know nothing, I still worry about the 1 out of a million cases and thing "what if Im that one?"   I have a deep feeling that its alright and move on, but it still brings me down so much when I think about it.  My girlfriend has stood by me throughout this and has tried to translate the best she can, its hard especially when its about medicine.
These "wave" machines, do you know what Im talking about? not radiation waves, I cant explain.  Now Im worried there is no where to turn for everyone is cheating me.
Ive read online, Time magazine and such that Oral HPV is becoming common, and causing Oral Cancer and on and on!  What strain? Why they hell is everyone scarying the public?!  
I still dont know why Ive had blood tests? If you say HPV cant be tested by blood. how do they know its HPV 11?
Okay my girlfriend has told me they tested for Antibodies when they found the HPV warts.  Antibodies could give a clue or not I guess, I dont know.  Also forgive the spelling and grammar, Iam at wits end.  
I just want to move on.  Im 24 years old travelling the World and this has stopped me in my tracks!  There have been desperate moments where I really want to give it all up.  Thinking Im gonna have to run to be lasered every month or two, the scars, the fear of giving it to others, my girl.  Its not the disease that makes me feel so desperate, its the worrying, the constant worry, guilt, disgust I feel each and every that I can not live with.
Its driving me mad.  
I think your main problem at this point is the mental anguish this is causing you.  I would look into seeking some sort of psychiatric care at this point, though I know this may be a challenge where you are.  Honestly, I would find out the exact name of the machine, the tests, etc. and ask a trusted English speaking doctor or take it to the expert forum.  They would be able to offer far more insight than I could.  I can't comment on the "wave machine" since I don't know what it is or what its traditional name is.  If you recheck, I was not the one who said you were a victim of fraud, I simply said I'd never heard of this treatment before.  You may be describing something that is a verified treatment for HPV, but simply not using the proper terminology, I don't know.  Again, this would be something to ask a doctor about.

Not to make this worse, but if you and your girlfriend have been having active relations since before/during when the warts appeared, she probably has it too.  If this is the case, she may even have been the initial carrier, but this is hard to say and pointless to trace.  Again, if this is the case, she may never develop warts.  Keep in mind that no HPV infection persists forever.

As I said earlier, if it were me, I'd take to the expert forum.
To add more frustration, my girl and I have not had sexual relations of any kind for almost a year.  We never had sex, not once, and once the Doc discovered the HPV I havent even bothered to try, she is the last person on this planet I want to infect or harm in anyway.  She is a virgin, and although we plan to marry, I am deathly afraid to engage in relations with her.  Before I was diagnosed we would at times engage in rubbing, which I began to worry could have infected her this way!  She has been to the Doc twice in 8 months with no signs, I pray for her more than myself.
Ive been to a neurologist and was told I have anxiety neurosis, which makes this HPV seem like the end of the world.  I see white dots from time to time on my penis, but the Doc says its nothing, but then what if.  Iam sick of going for examinations every 2 weeks.  
Any light on my relationship worries?  Thanks.
Have an HPV question?
100,000+ doctor answers