Active Virus
I have not had sex for a year and one month. About two months ago, I noticed a bump, scratched it, and a few more grew. I recently saw a specialist who told me it was warts and treated it. He said that now that it is treated, I won't have to worry unless I get infected by another person.

That confuses me. Do you think my virus is still active? If so, about how long do you think it will still be active for?

Thank you!
The virus remains in people's bodies forever. Some (90%)  can make them dormant after 6-24 months. Once dormant, you are not infectious however it doesn't mean you won't never be infectious (active virus). It could happen years from now. Lead a healthy life. Stop smoking if you do, reduce alcohol consumption, exercise, take multi-vitamins and other supplements that boos the immune system, get more rest, reduce stress etc. This will reduce the odds of the virus becoming active, but there are no gurantees.
In 90% of cases, the body’s immune system clears HPV naturally within two years.  But, sometimes, HPV infections are not cleared and can have HPV even if years have passed since he or she had sexual contact with an infected person.
Scientists now think that the HPV infection that clears up on its own remains dormant in your body.  it can stay dormant or it can come back again.  Why it comes back isn't exactly known.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.