Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
After Burning off the Warts

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

After Burning off the Warts

I just had my warts burnt off today after being able to grow on my body for 2 months now. After leaving the urologist, I had many unanswered questions such as how long will it take to heal. And how to treat these wounds. I am uncircumsized and the warts on burnt off on the shaft of my penis are black now and the warts around the head are white. This is after 12 hours of initial treament. Also, I am really worried because parts of my penis are swollen and the skin is stuck behind the head because of this. It doesn't hurt but my penis is very inflamed. I just want to know if anyone has any advice on what to expect and how long will it take to heal and how to help the healing process. If anyone has ANY suggestions please let me know.
Sorry man to hear that you also got GW. I am actually Circumsized and it probably hurts just about the same. I actually got them burned off at the dermatologist. But after your penis becomes swollen and all the scabbing from the parts where he removed it. The healing will begin immediately, true what your going to feel is not what we would call healing but more pain. If this is your first treatment, it would probably take about a good couple of days, my first treatment i had warts removed on the right side of the shaft of the penis. With proper care, being that you apply vaseline to the area, i just applied it to my whole genitalia area. I also dont know if the urologist applied anything to the warts. And since this is  a while since your OP, i hope everything healed okay, good luck with your treatments.
Have an HPV question?
100,000+ doctor answers