Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Anal and Throat Warts ???? High Risk HPV

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Hello im Embarrassed, im a 20 yr old Broke-College Student--  I was diagnosed with anal warts in December 2011 I've tried ACV and it worked some but it's time consuming and I lead a very busy life,so that didn't work out. I also noticed a small bump on my lip, and one day i noticed another bump starting to appear where my skin had broken on my lip. So i went to the dentist in January and had the warts on my lip removed. Now they are starting to come back. Recently my throat has been swollen, hurting, and itching so I used a mirror and a camera to see the back of my throat and I compared my pictures to google images and they're very similar. Before I was diagnosed with anal warts I did the same thing and I was right. I'm scared Im going to die soon because I read this can cause throat cancer. I smoke and drink which they say makes it worst, I mean how was I to know I had HPV and how long have I had it. In scared,lost,but I have faith in Prayer!!
I understand that you are scared, but you have nothing to be worried about. You have the low-risk strain of HPV which causes warts. These warts are harmless and benign and never go on to cause cancer. A different strain of HPV, known as the high-risk strain is what can sometimes lead to cancer. As I say, you have a completely different strain. Worrying about it will only aggitate the HPV and make the body find it more difficult to heal itself.

Throat warts are rare but as you have already been diagnosed with oral warts the only option you have is to go back to the proffessional for a diagnosis. It is impossible to diagnose you on here. Also the images on google are often unreliable so I wouldn't rely on those so you can diagnose yourself. Go to a medical proffessional and if it is warts then get them treated. But remember, these types of warts are benign and will never turn into cancer unless you have the high-risk strain.