Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Anal warts in 2 year old

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Anal warts in 2 year old

My son has anal warts, hes just turned 2. The only person hes in contact with who has warts is a 3 year old girl and hers are on her shoulder, stomach and thigh, I've been told its 'unlikely' theyve spread to his anus, but is it possible it could have?

Thanks for any advice!
Children can get infected through manual contact with adults suffering from warts, however sexual abuse is more likely to be the cause and should be ruled out first. One of the possible routes for anal warts is of maternal- child transmission. Please check your genital warts status.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.