Are warts visible?
Hello all,

Thank you for providing such wonderful information and feedback to everyone that visits this site. I have some general questions which I feel might be silly but it will help me understand. I ask because ever since I had unprotected sex with a male partner 4 months back (only my second sexual partner, I'm 29)I have been doing daily vaginal looks/checks. I have no idea why I am so paranoid but I am and I can't shake it. Everytime I look I manage to convince myself that I see a growth or small raise right at the entrance of my vaginal canal that wasn't there before. Of course I never looked down there before so who knows if these things have always been there. I have even gone to the extent of touching these "growths/raises" to see if they are tender in any way and they never are.  They are the same color as everything else down there. I am beginning to wonder of these are just normal anatomical variations on my body that I am only taking note to because I am looking. I have been tested for all STIs all negative. Of course, there is no HPV test so that is what I am worried about now.
        I haven't really felt any symptoms although I have read that there might not be any for a while. My last pap was in may and it came back normal. I went to my doctor the third week in July, she looked at me and told me everything looked normal. So, I guess my questions are:

1) are these things that I am seing warts or are they just normal things that have ways been there?
2) if I had warts would I be able to see them?
3) how long would it take for symptoms to show up?
4) is there any action I should take or just keep with my annual pap.

Thank you very much in advance and I apologize for the length.
Warts are small painless growth on skin caused by Human Papilloma Virus. These can be light or dark. They are usually oval in growth and raised forming rough surface in the skin.
You should get a liquid cytology based PAP smear done from your doctor.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.