Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Biopsy result
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Biopsy result

I recently had a biopsy result for bumps on penis...which my doctor said it on physical examination is not a genital wart.....the biopsy reult is as follows:

"Superficial biopsy showing hyperplastic and hyperkeratotic strips of squamous epithelium with mild chronic inflammation and pigment incontinence"...

My doctor says that the result is ambiguous and he has sought a second opinion which will be available in 3 days...i am very much worried...does the above result means that i have genital warts with cancer possibilities...please help .
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
The biopsy results do not indicate the lumps to be warts but can be some benign skin growths. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Have an HPV question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979