CIN Recurrence
I had a laser ablation for CIN2 in April of 2009 (my first surgery). I've been receiving normal pap smears at the 3 month re-checks until now. My January pap smear showed what my doctor call "very minor abnormalities...not nearly as bad as they were in April." He also says that the HPV is still present. So, I'm now scheduled for another colposcopy. I've read cases of women having to have hysterectomies after the 2nd or 3rd surgery to remove the cells. Is this what I'm looking at? I'm only 32 with no children yet. My questions are: 1) how many surgeries can I have before I hysterectomy becomes my only option? 2) How long will the HPV continue to wreak havoc on my cervix? 3) Is recurrence common?
I don't know very much about what you are going through but I will say that I've heard of this before.   Are you married and do you want kids soon?  Probably a good idea to have them sooner than later but only if you are ready and have a good situation.

The truth is that hpv is a flaky virus.  Yes, recurrance is common.  A hysterectomy from HPV is rare and it is usually a last resort to remove your cervix.  

Some people experience more problems with it than other people.  I'm a little surprised that you are having a recurrence so soon.  Have you tried getting a 2nd opinion?  

I know that a dr will tell you that there isn't much you can do, but I think if you try to improve your immune system, it will help a lot. If you smoke stop, take vit B, eat lots of leafy green veggies, lots of fruit.  

Try another dr if you can.   Your dr now is probably good but since you have had another recurrance, it wouldn't hurt to see one more if possible.  I know it's hard but try to relax.   Stress is very hard on the body and lowers your immunity as well.