Can genital warts spread to the other parts of your body?
I was diagnosed with warts a few weeks ago but I have had them for about 4 months.  They are in control and gel I'm using is working great.  I am very paranoid about spreading the warts to other parts of my body. (eyes, lips, face, ect.)  Is this even possible?  I know you can get them on your lips.  To be clear I'm not touching my warts and then touching my face right away but I am paranoid about touching other objects afterwards.  For example...getting out of the shower and touching my towel or putting on lotion.  I try to be as careful as I can but I'm still terrified!  

I am also taking plaqunil and 4 mg of prednisone (steroid) daily because I have lupus, which lowers my immune system a bit.  

Thanks for any help!
Just normal hand washing should be all you need to do. Warts commonly spread to areas like the pubic area, inner thigh and anal area. It is rare that they will spread to oral areas. Because you do have an immune system issue be sure to have your yearly exams, both medical and dental. Tell your dentist you have HPV.

I have never seen any info on HPV issues in eyes or on the face.