Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Can polyps burst and then spread

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Can polyps burst and then spread

Recently my boyfriend and I have noticed growths on our genitals. It started with him where he found one on his pelvis above his penis. He thought it was a pimple and then popped it. Afterwards more grew and I myself received one on my rectum, not sure how as. Don't have sex that way. Anyways after he got more I asked my doctor what it could be and he suggested genital warts. My boyfriend went to the free clinic and the doctor told him it was. So I went to my doctor who did a punch biopsy which hurt like crazy by the way. I just called to see the results and all that was listed on the chart was a polyp with inflammation, the nurse said it didn't seem to be hpv because it did not say it on the chart. I was wondering if it was possible that when he broke the one he had if it could then have spread to me and made more on him kinda lie pimples do.