Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Can you have HPV/wart outbreaks for 11years?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can you have HPV/wart outbreaks for 11years?

hi! im a 27yr old female. When I was pregnant with my first child 11 years ago i found out i had hpv and genital warts. I had the warts treated and removed before my daughters birth. A year later on my pap was normal...no warts and I believe no hpv. Right after I met my husband and within the next 10 years we had 2 more children. Still no warts. No abnormal paps. Then about 8 months ago I got a wart! Just one and it was tiny. Within those 8 months its gotten bigger. not too much but sometimes it bleeds and hurts. My husband doesnt have any. so..

Everything im reading says your body can "clean" itself out within 2 years. so does that mean my husband possibly reinfected me? or did I just keep the hpv virus all these years and now know? Why a wart now? And also why has it been there for 8 months and gotten bigger instead of smaller? I currently have no health insurance so going to the doc is out until at least this summer. how long will I have this wart? how long will it grow? Once im able to get treated does my husband also have to be treated?
Most likely, its the same one from the past. Why now is a question you can not get a clear answer on. Do you have some recent stress?  That often brings out new warts. Warts sometimes go away on their own but not alwways. Did you try any home remedies like ACV?  Doesn't Planned Parenthood have free clinics for women's STDs?  You should consider going there. Men cannot be treated unless they show active warts. He should assume he has it too and there is no test for men. Normally people stop having sex (even safe sex) with an active wart present. If its too late for this, I would still recommend condoms as it has been proven to reduce the re-occurrence of warts and this may also reduce the size. After you are treated, sex should be avoided until no warts are present for 6 months. Good luck to you both.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...