Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Can you pop genital warts?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Can you pop genital warts?

Hello. For two months now I have been dealing with 2 small clusters of bumps on my penis. The first doctor told me they were warts and scheduled me with the urologist to have them frozen off. Then, the urologist told me they weren't warts, but herpes. During the same examinations, he said he actually believed that it was molluscum contagiosum. I came back a week later for a biopsy. In the mean time, I started popping them, and little white balls came out of the bumps, followed by a lot of blood. I popped all of them, about 15-20. I got my biopsy results came back yesterday, and the doctor told me it was condylomata acuminata, or genital warts. When I pop them and the white ball-like centers come out, it sounds exactly like what people with molluscum describe. After reading around on the net, it seems that genital warts cannot be popped, is that true? I am wondering since they are both wart viruses if the lab overlooked something, and if I need to get a second opinion. The problem now is that they are all now gone and healed, so I don't think there is any other way to test again? Thanks for the help.
A few things
1. You can not pop a wart of any kind.
2. It is rare to have 2 clusters and none anywhere else near the genitals..
3. There are sorts of viruses not known to man, because they haven't been studied, for the body takes care of the infection on its own in its time frame. And thus it is not a priority to study.
It sound like it is possible that this was some virus or bacterial infection that your body has gotten on top of. Not to say that is isn't laying dormant in your body still until your immune is weak from another sickness, lack of nutrition, or lack of sleep.
But know this: If it has gone away, that means your body has warded it off. Even if just for now. When your immune is low it may come back, but your body will re-coop and fight it off again most likely. If it did it once it will likely fight it off again.
Not to say for sure it is not going to be a problem later, and your immune can surely always fight it off. It may morph and try and attack again with better defenses against your immune. Like a cold virus. Just keeps changing to fool the immune again and again. You can only get the same cold once. Once your body kills it, it has to change/become better/stronger/morph, and attack again. Lucky for us, it is only so smart.
Thanks for the input. From what I have read I have also found warts cannot be popped. It only showed up 2 months ago, and i popped them all 1 week ago, and everything is completely healed. I guess at this point I just need to be alert for additonal symptoms. I can deal with the fact that I have some type of STD, I just wish it could be properly diagnosed so i can live my life accordingly. And again, 2 small clusters, each bump was no bigger than 1mm, they did not react to 3 vinegar wraps, no burning, itching, and they did not change size or shape until I popped them.  

Thanks again guys!