Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Chances of catching HPV

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Chances of catching HPV

I have been in a monogamous relationship for 18 years until last night.  In a moment of weakness, I had a visit from an escort.  I have never had any STD's of any kind, and I thought I was careful last night, until I started looking on line after she left.  

As far as the contact.  I fingered her and then masturbated.  That is all that happened.  No intercourse, no oral sex, no kissing.  

My concern is that I touched my penis after I fingered her and I am concerned that I may have caught something.  I am also concerned about how long it would take to have something show up.  If I give my wife anything or even if I am found out for what I did, my marriage would be over.  Period.  

Any help would be much appreciated.
The risk of trasmission from your description is very, very low. It is not zero. There is no test for men and if you did get HPV from her, it would take 4-8 months before you become infectious or have warts. Also note that even if your wife has had clear Paps for the past 18 years, it does not mean she could not get a bad result this year from your or her past as the virus can lay dormant for years or decades. Unless you two were virgins when you met. I would not worry about this if I was you but now you know not to use the same hand on someone else that you use on yourself.