Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Concerned for transmission from fingering

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

I was recently diagnosed with HPV back in February and then a few weeks later my doctor said you have no signs of cancers and you should be good within 2 years or so. Thankfully it could have been thanks to the Gardasil shots I got back in 2010. I am seeing someone else after my last boyfriend and I made the decision to not have any type of sexual intercourse because I don't want to take that risk. He usually fingers me most of the time. What I am really concerned about is the possibility of transmitted it by french kissing and or fingering, even if he washes his hand after I am still really scared. Is this really true? I've read stuff online that it is or it isn't but I would like to know the truth so I can actually sleep at night. Thank you so much
I am pretty sure the only way to spread vaginal HPV is through penis to vagina contact. I was also told I have HPV one year and it was gone the next.  (I haven't had sexual intercourse since being told).  You could have it though with a condom.