Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Confusing results about HPV & my pap smear help

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Back in June 20012 one of the nurses from the clinic I go to called and told me I tested positive for HPV and that I needed to come back in 3 months for another pap smear. Well I went back to the clinic on Nov 5 to get my second pap smear done. Well yesterday (one week & 3 days after I went in) the nurse called me and told me that my pap was abnormal and the were going to refer me to see an OB/GYN to get another pap smear done and that they would be calling me to set up an appt to come in. Well this morning a nurse from the OB/GYN office called me but instead of setting me up an appt like I was told she called saying that my pap was normal and I did not need to get another pap smear again until November of next year. I'm confused can this be right? Plus they did not tell me anything about whats going on with the HPV I was told I had back in June and because I was at work when she called I couldn't really ask all the questions that I wanted to at that time. I'm planning on calling the OB/GYN office and the clinic that I go to  back on Monday when they open up because this has me really confused. But in the mean time if anyone on here can help give me some answers it would be a great I mean how can I be told I have HPV and an abnormal pap from the clinic one day. Then the very next day I get a call from the OB/GYN office that I'm suppose to go see about my abnormal pap but instead they tell me my pap is normal. How can I get two different answers in two days?
Tags: HPV
Doesn't make sense. Their record keeping is sloppy.