Cyst or genital wart?
About 3 weeks ago i noticed a small hard spot on the left hand side of my scrotum. It is visible to the naked eye but the spot seems to be just below the surface of the skin. It is not painful and when squeezed is hard and nothing comes out.I have been with my partner for 3 years but 3 months ago received oral sex from a woman without wearing a condom. Is it possible i could have genital warts or could this just be a cyst? I'm worried sick
It can be a cyst or a genital wart. Warts are small painless growth on skin caused by Human Papilloma Virus. These can be light or dark. They are usually oval in growth and raised forming rough surface in the skin.
Diagnosis of genital warts is usually clinical, made by visual inspection. Genital warts can be confirmed by biopsy but Sometimes we can use an enhancing technique called acetowhitening. This technique involves the application of 5% acetic acid solution to the area of suspicion for about 5-10 minutes. Infected areas will turn white.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.