Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Doctor said they were gone?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Doctor said they were gone?

About 3 months ago I was startled to find a patch of tiny little bumps and immediately called my Planned Parenthood and made an appointment. Sure enough I had been infected with HPV, genital warts. I suffered a lot of mental anguish and constantly spent days upon days researching everything there was to know about this infection/virus. I'm a 21 year old college student currently enrolled in a dental hygiene program which is very demanding and stressful. I was told after several treatments over the last three months that they were completely gone, and just in time for school to start. After a month of school I thought I had seen some more "love bumps" appearing, and it was time for my yearly exam, so I went back to the Planned Parenthood. The nurse practitioner told me she couldn't see anything and that it seemed like nothing was there, although I am pretty sure they look exactly like what she had treated before. Is it possible that she just couldn't see them? I tried to even point them out, and she said they weren't. I have used the Apple Cider Vinegar test and they have turned white, which makes me think they are still there. I'm extremely worried about what I should do. Should I get a second opinion from another Planned Parenthood facility? Thanks in advance for your help!
you should go in and get tested for hpv again. if your hpv test doesnt detect an active infection, then its not warts. The warts will only come out if you have an active infection right now (regaurdless of whether the hpv is still in your body or not, you wont get warts if you dont have an active infection), and the test would definitely pick up on that. sometimes it can take a little while to get rid of hpv, but hang in there. things will get better