Drinking after the infected
My aunt and I had been together all day in the summer sun and drinking water after one another all day.  Later on the way home she showed me a pollip on her uvula in her throat; she said it was HPV.  I was extremely upset she didn't tell me about the STD before we shared water together.  She said her doctor said it wasn't contageous but all the websites I visit tells me that it is EXTREMELY contageous.  What are the possibilities that I have contracted this virus from her thru the water sharing?  I normally would have a clean bill of health and never had an STD.  I have an appointment with my GYN next week but am extremely stressing over the possibiliby.  Thanks for your time!
I wouldn't worry. HPV does not transmit easily from mouth to mouth and requires skin to skin contact. The chance of infection is extremely low.
dont worry u dont have it unless you had sexual intercourses wit ur aunt which i doubt but yoou can only get it through hard contact
I like ur name by the way, But you should research more on HPV.  Because, you can get it with any skin on skin contact with an HPV possitive person such as kissing for example. It is also possible to get HPV if the cells are theft behind by an infected person and you touch them with your skin. Facts are 2/3rds of the population have a form of HPV. And 80% will have contracted a sexually transmitted HPV virus by the time they are 50 yrs old. Another statistic is the age most at risk for contracting HPV are the ages of 18 to 24 years old. There is a seperate HPV test approved by the FDA similar to a papsmear test to check for HPV, usually given if there is a strong reason or belief to have contracted HPV. Check the Duke University, Mayo Clinic and Johns Hopkins sites for recent studies as well.