Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Dry spot or HPV?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Dry spot or HPV?

I have a weird situation that I have been panicking about for over a month now. I have taken two out of the three gardisil shots back in 2011. The reason why I did not receive the third one was due to me moving and not having money at the time the 6 month mark came. I am a gay male and I received oral sex back in September 2012. In late December, after Christmas, I became sick due to my sister being sick. After about a week's time, I noticed a white flat spot develop on the shaft of my penis in the area I was circumcised. About a week later, I noticed another white spot form in the same area but a little bit further away (not in a cluster). I panicked and went to the std clinic. The nurse looked at me and said it doesn't look like warts but that it is too small to tell. I asked her to give me the third gardisil shot and she did (though I knew if this was warts, it would not help but as long as I had it completed).

I looked under a magnifying glass to see if these spots were raised in anyway but they weren't. It actually looked like ashyness within the cracks of the skin and was a little flacky. I put lotion on the spots and the whiteness would disappear but then would reappear once the lotion dried out. After a half week of not masturbating, I decided I wanted to masturbate. However, when I did, I did not wrap my hand on those spots but instead down towards the base of my shaft without using lube. A day later, I noticed a flesh colored bump form where I had grabbed my penis and freaked out that I had warts. I decided to go to an actual doctor to look. He examined the new spot and kind of shrugged it off (I guess he didn't see it even with me telling him it was there) but he looked at the others. He told me he doesn't think they are warts but that it might be dermatitis. He told me to put cream on it for two weeks to see if it goes away, then to come back if they do not so he can prescribed steroid cream.

It has been a week and I decided to "scrape" one of the spots because it looked as though the skin was crumbling away. I used a tooth pick and barely rubbed against it and the white crustyness (pen tip sized spot) came off. However, the whiteness returned a little bit the next day. =( I read up on dermatitis and genital warts but can not find a picture that looks the same as what I have. I also do not have any dry spots anywhere else on my body so I have been freaking out about this. Does anyone know what this might sound like?
well i would see a dermatologist and use condoms ok :)
Have an HPV question?
100,000+ doctor answers