Dysplasia
I have just seen a Dr. and had a colposcopy done. It showed that I had mild Dysplasia. The doctor told me that 3 out of 4 women who have it, their bodies will heal on it's own. But I have had abnormal paps for 3 years. I read that in Mild Dysplasia cases that the body would heal in about 6mths or so, but mine has not after 3 years. He told me to have a pap done every 6mths until I have 2 normal ones, but I don't understand why he wouldn't treat me now. Should I have a second opinion or is this about right? I am scared to go any longer without treatment, and what happens and my next one comes back abnormal as well? Then do I wait another 6mths and see how that one comes out or what? I have no clue what to do.
abnormal paps for 3 years?dysplasia on cervix not removed and left to grow is this what ur saying?i'm not understanding why u weren't treated after the second abnormal one 3 years ago!u have nothing 2 lose by seeking a second opinion!mite be more to gain!find a good gyno!
i completely agree with ibizan.. you cannot keep seeing that doctor. as soon as my gyno found out that i had HPV, let alone my moderate dysplasia, she told me every single option that i have with each level of cervical dysplasia... generally speaking, if you have mild dysplasia, they won't need to use "agressive" methods to get rid of the abnormal growths because your body should get rid of them... BUT-- the fact that you still haven't recovered after 3 years, they should have probably done some sort of procedure to remove the abnormal cells, since its clear they aren't going away on their own...
i'm scheduled to go in for the LEEP procedure in august for mine, and from what i hear it isnt that bad.. just some cramping. i would really suggest going to another doctor, a.s.a.p... you dont want to develop anything worse.. ya know?

i hope you feel better.