Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Endometrial cells on Pap

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Endometrial cells on Pap

I saw a general practicioner for my exam and was told to contact an OB/GYN and report that there were Endometrial cells on the pap smear.  Most of the info I have seen shows some new reporting scale for pap smears but shows the Endometrial cells for women over 40.  I am 35.  Am I close enough in age to be categorized with the over 40 or does having endometrial cells when you are under 40 mean something completely different?  I have had 1 other abnormal pap and it was when I was 19yo, complete with the colposcopy(sp) and cryo and I DO NOT want to do this again.  Since that time I've had two kids and normal pap smears.  I've also read that women over 40 may be better off having an HPV test.  Could I ask for another pap smear and for the HPV test before going through the colposcopy routine?  Is there anything else I should ask?  Thanks
I'm 52,At age 28 had malignancies removed from cervix with cryo.At age 51 had return of level one squamous cells with no HPV.Follow up pap after removal of cells showed HPV.Got a LEEP.Protocol is to do another pap with HPV test b4 the colp..i would start there!keep us posted!