Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Flatwarts
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Flatwarts

On the posterior side of my right hand I have a series/clumps of red dots that doctors believe to be flatwarts. I have had them for over two years and have visited 3-4 different dermatologists with different attempts to treat them. They have been frozen over 8 times and I have had 3 candida injections right in my knuckle area where the bumps are most severe. All these treatments have caused a large amount of pain and the bumps become swollen, dry and itchy on a daily basis. It is also very embarassing to have these large blemishes on my hands. Please help i dont know what else to try.
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Flat warts are benign tumors of the epidermis are about the size of a pinhead and usually appear on the face, but can also appear on arms, knees, or hands.

For larger flat warts, surgery may be necessary to remove the lesions. A famous surgical option would be that of laser. Although laser surgery is expensive, it has proven to be effective. The warts are physically burned off with the laser treatment. Another alternative treatment would be cauterization. In this procedure, the affected tissue is destroyed with a hot instrument.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...