Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Flirting with Genital Warts
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Flirting with Genital Warts

About two months ago I started dating a guy with genital warts.  Neither of us were sure exactly what the risks were then, but never had sex.  I am fairly sure we did engage in some dry-humping business, usually clothed, but perhaps once un-clothed--but probably not genitals directly touching.  I have had the Gardasil vaccine, which protects against 90% of warts cases.  I also just recently had a pap-smear test (a week or two ago) that came out as normal.  The only chance of warts exchange was when we might have been naked lying next to each other or perhaps, touching--but not direct genital touching.  I can't be more specific because my memory is a bit blurred.  I haven't seen any warts on me yet--can anyone tell me the likelihood that I might have contracted warts from this fine fellow and when I should expect to see some if I did?
Blank
1067212_tn?1353964002
All of your exposures are low risk. The only risk I can really see is dry humping unclothed, but even then it's only a small risk, especially if he did not have visible warts at that time. Also the fact you have the shot shows you should probably be protected from the strain he has, as the shot protects against the most common strains.

A pap won't test for warts as they are low risk. Only high risk strains which your partner did not have as far as you know.

There is no time limit. Anything from a few weeks to a few years. It is rare to see them years after exposure, but it has happened before. The average should be a couple of months.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1067212_tn?1353964002
All of your exposures are low risk. The only risk I can really see is dry humping unclothed, but even then it's only a small risk, especially if he did not have visible warts at that time. Also the fact you have the shot shows you should probably be protected from the strain he has, as the shot protects against the most common strains.

A pap won't test for warts as they are low risk. Only high risk strains which your partner did not have as far as you know.

There is no time limit. Anything from a few weeks to a few years. It is rare to see them years after exposure, but it has happened before. The average should be a couple of months.
Blank
You have gardasil what r u worried about?
Blank
1067212_tn?1353964002
The shot doesn't protect against every genital wart strain, just 2 of the most common. Theres a 10 percent chance the guy had a different strain than what she is protected against
Blank
Thanks for your comments, guys.  It's much appreciated.  I've heard that the shots only "help protect" you from those strains...not 100% effective.  
Blank
I know. But the percentage is so high that she would be safe. I mean I would only do it if I was super duper into a girl and felt it had potential. Most people get hpv, 80 percent in fact, only like 10 percent show symptoms and on top of having a vaccine. I would say go for it. Still wear a condom though in the event of unwanted pregnancy or other more life threatening stds. Just my two cents!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...