For Dr. HHH: Chronically HPV positive
I've read some of your old posts, and you basically advise people that a few months after the HPV symptoms go away, you don't have to inform future partners.  I'm kind of in agreement with you on that because at some point telling someone, "I might be able to give you HPV" is pretty much the same as saying, "I have had sex before."

Anyway, I was diagnosed with cervical adenocarcinoma in situ.  It sucked.  I had surgery to remove a large piece of my cervix, and now I have a colposcopy and ECC every 3 months.  I also request an HPV test.  My doctor says it not necessary because the results won't change the follow up I receive.  However, she nevertheless concedes that being HPV positive does make a recurrence more likely.

So far all my results have been the same: no dysplasia, no adenocarcinoma, but positive fo high risk HPV.

At my next follow up, I could just decline HPV testing and then follow your advice and not tell people.  But I'd be pretty sure that I'm still positive.  At the same time, I really want to know the results of the HPV test, just in case they are good.  I don't know what to do.  I just feel it's crappy I'm in this place where I'm the only one responsible for "informing" everyone of my HPV status.

Please help me!