Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Freaking Out

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Freaking Out

So I had sex with a girl about 4 months ago (protected), and recently I found out that she has genital warts. Should I be freaking out?! I have no symptoms nothing, but I heard there's no test for it. Don't know what to do!!!
get tested if you have it no sex at all ok :)
That really didn't help, there's no test for it!
Avatar n tn
Your chances of having it is approx 30%. There is no test for men. This is a skin disease and condoms don't cover your thighs or scrotum. This is a transient issue for most. Boost your immune system now via vitamins, exercise, less booze, eating healthy, less stress, more sleep, etc. It may prevent warts and it may cause your body to purge the virus. The key word is "may".  No one knows for sure. So I would not freak out as stress is not good for you. Basically, 80-85% of all sexually active adults (even those that have safe sex) are infected or will be. Its a fact of life for sexually active adults. If you are young enough to get the vaccine, get it!