Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Gaurdisil still useful???

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Gaurdisil still useful???

I was diagnosed with HPV in febuary I'm trying to be healthy but it's very hard I can't afford much more than ramen and the occasional vegtible but I was wondering if the gaurdisil shots would help at all also if there are any places I can just talk about my condition I feel very alone and I know I'm not

and once it goes away are you cured? or will it come back???
Avatar n tn
The shot will help you not get any strain you may not already have. If you can afford to get it, you should. Your last questions are subject to debate in the medical community. Some doctors say that it is cleared from your body forever, some say it just goes dormant waiting for when your immune system gets weakened. For most of the infected, few get re-occurrences but some do. Boost your immune system and live a very healthy life. Take vitamins, don't smoke cigs, reduce alcohol intake, exercise often, get plenty of rest, reduce stress, etc. This is will reduce the chances of having it return. A healthy lifestyle makes a difference. There are forums where you can talk about it with people. There are STD dating sites where people chat too. You are not alone. 20-30 million Americans have it but half don't know it. It is no big deal. It comes with being sexually active and since you are female you can be tested for it and know your HPV health. Men cannot be tested and have to rely on faith.
thankyou so much for your input