Genital Wart & ASCUS
I am 19 years old and have only had 1 partner in my life. 1 month ago I went to the gynecologist and she detected a small genital wart and gave me Aldara to treat it. I was surprised, and so was she, because I had been given the Gardasil shot well before ever being sexually active. She also did my first PAP smear. I had to go back yesterday to check up on the wart which is slowly starting to go away, and she told me my PAP results came back and showed ASCUS. She told me not to worry but I can't help but panic. Could my genital warts be caused by a high risk HPV? Could it be caused by the fact that I recently had to take large amounts of Antibiotics for a recurrent UTI? I'm so scared! I know it might be ridiculous but I can't help but stress about this, especially since I had the Gardasil shot.
She doesn't think it's necessary to do the HPV test yet as the ASCUS was so un-specific and she says Genital warts can't be caused by a high risk strain. What do you think?
The Dr. Is correct, The low risk hpv is caused by a different strain than the high risk hpv. when you get pap readings like that, most doctors will just have you do a follow up pap, but it does not mean the culprit is HPV.  Don't worry. high and low risk hpv are caused by different strains and one cannot cause the other. You would have to be infected with both strains. hope this helps..im not a doctor.
I think her advice is good and according to the medical community guidlnes. Follow up routines will suffice (most of the times ASCUS is a temporary condition not related to HPV at all), and there's no point of having an HPV test - you won't benefit from this by any way.

Sources: am a nursing student.