Aa
A
A
Close
Genital Warts affecting dating and everything else?
Hey there,

Today I am going to see my gyno doctor because I am fairly certain I have genital warts. There are a couple of bumps that don't vary in color from my vagina on the right inside of the cervix/party inside and behind the lips. They don't hurt but I can feel them. I also had excess discharge just from that part of my vagina. Also, the other day I was self-examining and accidentally pulled off some small warts (I assume) and the skin easily bleed. These are signs from what I read.

Assuming I am right and this is the case, I would like some advice on the matter. Honestly, I am pretty scared because I don't know how having GW will affect my dating life (I haven't dated since I self-diagnosed). I read that the virus generally "clears" the body after 1-2 years in most people, meaning warts don't often recur and that after 6-8 months of no warts, you aren't contagious.

I am not sure how to handle the situation currently. I am not sure how serious STD an this is, but I am worried and have no one to tell. So any and all advice from personal experiences would be very helpful.

Thanks, I appreciate the time.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
101028 tn?1419606604
At this point you need to be seen and get a proper diagnosis. also get your discharge tested too.

did you receive your gardasil shot series yet?

grace
Comment
Cancel
101028 tn?1419606604
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community Resources
Top STDs Answerers
Blank
veryworried420