Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Genital Warts turn white with vinegar??

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Genital Warts turn white with vinegar??

When you put white vinegar on a suspected genital wart, will it definetely turn it white?  Even if it is really small?  I'm always trying to find them when they are really small and i often obsess on tiny things that probably aren't even warts.  Please help.  Thanks.
Can someone please answer my question!!!  I would really appreciate it.
The vinegar test is very  nonspecific and can light up things that aren't genital warts as well.  It's not recommended for trying to diagnose oneself.
Thanks for the reply...i havent noticed anything light up at all, and i've run the test 3 times, soaking the area for up to 5 minutes each time.  I understand that it can light up things that aren't genital warts, but if it doesn't light up the suspected warts, does that mean they definetely are not warts?
I'm fairly certain I've heard that it can give false negatives as well, but I do know that some doctors use the vinegar to test.  You should just get evaluated by a doctor if you can, it's much more definite.
I have what I am pretty sure are warts (I have had them many times before) that I am putting apple cider vinegar (ACV) on for the past 5 hours, so far they have not turned white but do look like they might be swelling a little. I have read on many sites that ACV will help remove the warts. Most recommend keeping it on while sleeping every night for a week, but there have been a few people who claim they soak a cotton ball in ACV and keep it taped with a band aid to the effective area for 24 hours, removing only to bathe, then cleaning the area with hydro peroxide and then reapplying a new soaked cotton ball. This is what I am trying because many have claimed that it cleared up the warts within a few days. From my understanding the warts will swell (stage I am at now), then dry out and scab off. Once I reach the dry stage I will soak in the bath and rub them gently with a wash cloth in hopes to speed up the process. Last time I had warts my doctor gave me an RX for Aldara and that did work, it took about a week and a half and caused the warts to become smoother and smoother until they were flat and then nothing but a reddish spot and then gone. Aldara is a cream that you put on daily, a lot of people don't like it but I had no problem with it =)