Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Genital Warts??

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Genital Warts??

I just came back from a Doctor's office and he told me that I might have early genital warts. I never had unprotected sex... Just oral sex unprotected...

I had a wart on my hand for a while which I didnt know about and its pretty big in size... If I masturbate using that hand is it possible to spread the warts to my genitals??

If yes then would that be considered as a common wart?

If I have genital warts and get them removed and they dont show up for lets say 6 months... Can I still get them back?? or can I spread it to my partner after about 2 years from treatment ?
The wart on your hand and the wart on your genitals are both hpv however they are different strains. Therfore you cannot transfer the ones from your hand to your penis or vice versa. Once you begin treatment for your gw and do not show any signs for more than 6 months to a year you are considered cured. Some hpv biologist believe you will always carry the virus but your immune system gains mastery over it and prevents it from ever returning while others say it is eradicated. Either way 91 percent who get high or low risk hpv (low risk is genital warts) will clear the virus within two years. For more information visit ashastd.org. It is basically a temporary inconvenience and has no health consequences. By the way you can get hpv even with a condom on because the virus is spread by skin to skin contact. The scrotum and the females vagina is not protected by the condom. You can actually even get herpes with a condom. Abstinence is the only safe sex. Let me know if I can be if further assistance.