Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Genital Warts

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Genital Warts

I've never had sexual intercourse and I've never masturbated before. I have used tampons and I've noticed that if I don't put them in a certain way they hurt/get caught on something. I was curious and put a finger in my vagina. On the wall closer to my body, I felt soft bumps. It felt like warts on the sides and then a ridged bump in the middle. It doesn't hurt too much but I get a very minor pain. It's not even pain, but ore of an uncomfortable feeling. I can feel between the bumps and I'm just worried that I may have the HIV virus. I have not had a gar dismal shot, but I am not sexually active. Please help.
I meant HPV virus.
The ridged bump in middle can be the cervix. However for the bumps inside vagina, these can be even cysts and exact diagnosis can only be made after clinical examination. Your cervix will feel firm maybe a little rubbery, like the end of your nose if you put your finger on the tip of your nose and push gently. There is also a depression in the center, this is the opening to the uterus.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.