Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Genital Warts(HPV) During Safe Sex?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Genital Warts(HPV) During Safe Sex?

Dear friends,

First of all, I want to say that I have read tens of questions answered by Dr HHH and Dr EWH about HIV and STDs including genital warts(HPV) especially.

【My relevant history is:】
I am male, single and still a virgin. I first went to a massage parlor last February and accepted a masturbation by the lady. During the masturbation, I touched her breasts(not her virginal). After that, I was once worried about STD infections and found this forum.

About three months ago, I went to another massage parlor and fingered the massage lady's virginal for only several seconds. During the whole process I was in my clothes. However, when I went out from the parlor, I found there was a small fresh cut on my finger which I may have used to finger her. It was red but not bleeding at that time.

Next day, I went to another massage parlor and accepted a masturbation from the lady. She made me climaxed two times during that session. I kissed her breasts and fingered her virginal for only several seconds. This time, I am sure there was no cut on my fingers which I inserted into her virginal.

About two months ago, I went to another massage parlor. I fingered the lady and made her climaxed three times. I also kissed the lady's body including her breasts(but not her virginals). During the whole session, I was in clothes, and so my genital was well protected.

Two weeks ago, I went to a massage parlor and accepted masturbation by the lady, during which I fingered her and kissed her breasts.

【My current situation is:】
Four days ago, I found a small lump (about 3 mm) under my scrotum. Yesterday, a doctor did vinegar-white test on the lump and said it was a genital wart. I doubted the conclusion because I believe I engaged in safe sexual activities. Then I went to another hospital and the doctor saw it and concluded that it was a folliculitis and didn't recommend further test now. I mentioned the vinegar-white test carried by the former doctor and he told me that the test was not conclusive enough.

I was very worried now.

【My question:】
Can any body tell me whether the lump on scrotum is genital warts(HPV)?

P.S. I'm not a native English speaker so please forgive me if there is any unclear.
My only advice is if you have the money for a biopsy then do that.  Have the doctor remove the bump and send it to a laboratory for testing.  This will tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt whether it is HPV or not.  I agree, your behavior doesn't sound risky enough for me to suspect it as HPV.  
Clarification:
"last February" in the second paragraph means the February of last year.
Thank you, vandykd3.

I know we can not find conclusive answers in this forum but ask for advice.

I will keep watching the bump and may accept a biopsy in several days.

Good luck.
Dear vandykd3, I did a biopsy this afternoon(I'm in China) and the doctor told me that the result will come out on Apr. 7. I will tell the test result then. Thank you.
Wonderful, I'm just as curious as you now.  I'll check back.  
Hi, vandykd3,

I went to the hospital this morning and the biopsy result shows that it is not a genital wart. It is an epidermoid cyst. It's originally reported in Chinese. I am not sure whether this translation is right or not. The doctor said it was not a big problem.

I really appreciate Dr HHH and Dr EWH greatly. The lump under my scrotum seemed like a genital wart very much. Even my first doctor did a vinegar-white test and said it was a genital wart. However, I read many posts answered by Dr HHH or Dr EWH and according to their viewpoints I engaged in safe sex activities, which rarely transmit STDs. So, I doubted my first doctor's diagnosis and asked for a biopsy, which is the most reliable method to diagnose genital warts by far. The result further gives support to their viewpoints. They are both great doctors.

I also thank you for your helpful advice.

Good luck.