Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Genital warts, oral prevalence, and transmission

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Dear community,

Recently, I found a bump on my penis that supported the overall description of genutal warts. I contacted my last two partners, one of which mentioned that he was diagnosed with them recently, and did not know he had it when we were last intimate.

I went to a physician and the bump was confirmed to be a wart caused by HPV. She wasn't very thorough in explanation, did not biopsy the wart to find the strain, and was rather quick about it all.

My questions are as follow:
1. What are the chances that my immune system will clear this?
2. I performed oral sex on the partner that infected me. What are the chances that I will develop oral warts? Also, what might I expect in physical structure and feeling?
3. I recently started seeing someone whom I consider to be "the one". We have yet to have intercourse, given that we are abstaining for spiritual purposes. While we are abstaining, I have performed oral sex on him, and have also kissed him quite a bit. Although I was unaware of my infection, it brings me to tears to think that I may have transmitted the virus to him by kissing and performing oral sex. What are the chances of having transmitted genital warts (HPV-6 or HPV-11) to him through those actions?
4. Do you have any suggestions on how to boost my immune system for an effective clearance of the virus?

Thank you very much for your help, I appreciate your time.
1. Chances are 90% of HPV positive people will purge it or will make it dormant in their bodies withint 6-24 months. No one knows who will be in this majority. Get that wart removed and biopsied. Find out the strain number

2. The odds of oral warts are low. If you see any bump in your mouth, then get it removed and biopsied. Keep checking and get it checked when seeing your dentist.

3. Kissing and oral sex does transmit it but the chances are lower than genital sex.

4l. Boosting the immune system is a good way to try to keep the warts away. It may make thr virus dormant or it may purge the virus from your system. Here is what you have to do to have a stronger immune system:

First, take loads of vitamins suppliments as listed on this link below.

http://www.****.org/health/disorders/warts.html

Second, quit smoking cigs, quit drinking alcohol & 420 as much as possible, quit coffee, exercise, eat healthy always, gets lots of sleep and reduce your stress levels as much as possible. Also stop having sex for at least 6 months as the act of sex itself reduces your immune system.

Hope this helps you. It helped me. Not only are the warts not coming back but I look and feel better than I did 5 years ago.