Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Genital warts

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Genital warts

Hi Doc, I would like to know if it is at all a high risk for a man, who is not circumcised to receive oral sex from a woman and contract genital warts even though there are no visible signs of warts?
The reason I am asking this is because I see that I have little bumps along the ridge of the head of my penis. They have always been there since I can remember, yet I have never had an STD. I am worried because I had unprotected oral sex with this woman (I was the recipient), now I am feeling paranoid and looking for signs that I have genital warts. We also had protected anal sex, no genital to genital contact. The condom did not break and I was only inside her for maybe 1 minute before I ejaculated into the condom. It was removed safely, but I think she used the same wash cloth on me that she had used to clean herself. Is that risky? I don't know if it's psychological or real, but I am sensing tenderness in my penis. I have no other symptoms that have been described on all the STD websites. I have gone for blood tests with my doctor and am awaiting the results. I also have 3 itchy spots on my body, similar to mosquito bites, one on my neck, my forearm and my inner thigh. Are those maybe symptoms of an STD?
I hope you can put my mind at ease before the blood tests do. Thanks for the info that you have provided so far.
There are no tests for HPV

and this isn't a doctors forum.

HPV is very common though, nearly everybody who has multiple sex partners will acquire at least one strain.

Your bumps are likely normal. Warts rarely persist for longer than a year or two.

Oral warts are rare, and getting HPV from receiving oral sex is also uncommon. I wouldn't worry about this.

Hi there,

Thank you for the reply. This does put my mind at ease a bit more. That is until I get my blood test results tomorrow. I think a lot of my symptoms I am experiencing is due to psychological stress for cheating on my partner. I think I have seriously learnt my lesson in life.

Thanks for the help you guys provide on this forum for us people who do not think clearly when we get far too carried away with thoughts of pleasure. We all know the risks but continue to be stupid with regards to safe sex. A case of the little head ruling the big head.

By the way, just for your info, I am a white South African male aged 31 and the female was also a white South African aged 34. Thanks again.