Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Genital warts

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Genital warts

I caught the hpv virus about 7 years ago and had treatment for it at a local gum clinic, can't remember what the treatment was called but it was a brown like paint that they painted on my penis and then I washed it of some hours later but it worked all of the same!!!
My problem is that I had unprotected sex about 4 months ago and now I have a few warts come up again, only small ones dotted here and then. I have been back to the clinic and I have received about 3 different treatments for this which isn't working!!!
1. Frozen off
2. Warticon
3. Scraped off
I was informed that they don't use the paint anymore which is a pain seeing as it was so effective for me, I'm running out of options and it's stressing me out with having to keep going back to the clinic for somebody to keep saying don't worry well sort u out, when I ain't seeing no improvement. Things are stressing me out coz ive recently met a nice new lady (we haven't slept together) who wants to take thongs to the next level and I can't with me constantly thinking about this, plus I wouldnt no where to start with telling her about this!!!

Many thanks for any replys!!!
When you say frozen off, does this mean acid? My doc used trichloric acid on mine, and it turned them white, then kinda flaking off. I would say, just use precaution, but use protection. Pramosone is a rather expensive cream that can help shrink them, and reduce redness and itching...but doesn't get rid of the wart fully. I (along with many others I'm sure) wish there was something we could do at home, but that just isn't an option :( Good luck to you!
They do still use the paint.  You just have to find a clinic that uses it.  I forget the name of it but it starts with a p.  At my clinic it's used for after treatment options.  You come in when no warts are present and they slather it on you.  It F's up the topical skin cells and any that might contain HPV virus are destroyed and your skin kind dries and flakes for a few days depending on how long you leave it on.  I did it twice and, well, I haven't had a wart since but I was also at the better part of a year of break outs so perhaps my immune system was finally beating it.  Hard to say but it's a great thing.
Cheers guys!!! I had them frozen with a kind of spray which brakes them down apparently.
Have an HPV question?
100,000+ doctor answers