Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
Gonorrhea

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

Gonorrhea

Hello Doctor! I'm from the Philippines. In July of 2012, I sought my doctor because I'm having a discharge, pain when urinating, swollen right testicle and a fever. I was diagnosed with gonorrhea. Prescribed by the doctor a medicine and advised to be back the next day. With the first medicine, just the same day, there's no more discharge. The next day, I was prescribed again another medicine and asked to be back after three days. As days pass by, my testicle is getting back to its normal size. Three days after, another medicine was given. Getting checked up every week until like mid of August. In November of the same year, I got worried of the rising population of HIV positive so I went to my doctor and asked me to have urinalysis. I was then told that there's no more problem with me, just the thread-like passage of sperm which is like swollen but not painful. He told me get back after three months and that will be on the late February of this year 2013. Am I really cured? Could untreated gonorrhea turn into HIV?
gonorrhea will not turn into hiv two differrent viruses ok :)
Thank you so much for that information! :)