Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
HPV, Molluscum or Folliculitis

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

HPV, Molluscum or Folliculitis

Hi, about 4-5 weeks ago i noticed a few small bumps around my pubic region, 4 are on right middle of the region and one is just under my underwear line, they are only very small, say the size of an average pimple, they do no hurt or itch, and have not grown but occasionally looked like they have shrunk, then only to come back the same size, sometimes if you look in the right light you can see a small dimple in the center of them which immediately for me thought Molluscum, however today for an example if is very hard to see this dimple, when they first came about there was only 1 and i popped it, it bleed perfusely and also excreted pus like substance, much like a pimple, but it was much harder to squeeze than a pimple, it has now left a red almost scar like bit where it was. they are very shiny pearl like lesions and i have also seen a bit of a rash/eczema develop in the last few days, could this be because i was using Hydrogen peroxide and tea tree oil? i have only had unprotected sex once and it was near two yrs ago with my girlfriend who had only had sex with me before anyway, im not too worried about them as they arent showing any signs of a major STD but if anyone could help me before i see a doctor that would be great!
I would stop using topicals at this point. peroxide isn't recommended for routine skin care - it's non-chlorine bleach and can damage skin.  also TTO can be irritating for some folks too.

the best thing to do is to be seen and get a proper exam. we'd all be guessing as to what is going on and nothing replaces a proper exam.

since you haven't had sex in quite some time, odds are this isn't molluscum going on either though you can get it from non-sexual contact.

grace
hi grace

Thanks for your answer, i should have clarified, last time i had sex was only three months or so ago, about 5-6 weeks before these things popped up, but i had been doing it with this person for over 6 months so i dont think it would have been from them, or i would have contracted it earlier, i will be booking in to get a proper exam its just i need to find the time to see a dermatologist, i dont trust the doctors in my area with this sort of thing as i have been given the wrong advice or misdiagnosed to many times.

Cheers
The average time it takes to show symptoms (bumps/warts) is 2-6 months after exposure. Some people show in a few weeks, although this is very rare. You could have been infected years ago. No one who is sexually active (even safe sex) can definitiely say when or whom infected whom. You could have been infected a long time ago and this could be a new strain. This is not like any other STD where you can play detective.