Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
HPV & Possible Treatment???

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

HPV & Possible Treatment???

My girlfriend and I both have HPV and she has found out that this is a dysplasia forming type. A colposcopy showed mild cell change and a recheck was scheduled for a year. She is do.

My question is have you heard of any of the research and efficacy using oral di-indole-methane for HPV infections. I have read quite a bit of the research and feel that it deserves a try. There are some clinical trials in stage III a present time, but I believe it is to early for FDA backing.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Best regards,

Steven
Your girlfriend actually has the high risk strain of the virus that caused dysplasia... Our body's immune system fights off most of the infections within a period of 6-24 months... Her ob/gyn wants to see if your girlfriend's immune system can clear the infection at its own in a year... if the dysplasia remains even after passing a year, she might need to get a treatment for it... For mild dysplasia, chances are at higher side that she'll get rid of it...

di-indole-methane are vitamins those help boost your immune system... This is not a curing medicine or something...

I have been following the research in regards to DIM and HPV infections. It seems to indicate a link between DIM and it's ability to assist in fighting off HPV infections. As you are well aware, for women, the sooner an HPV infection is cleared the less likely she will develop cerivcal dysplasia or cancer. I belong to another dedicated towards women's health and HPV; many of them on there have already begun to take DIM supplements as well as increased the amount of cruciferous vegetables in their diet, ie: kale, broccoli, bok choy - which all have DIM in them. While, I wouldn't call DIM a cure I certainly think it is worth a try. Especially, for us women who have suffered from the ill effects of HR-HPV, due to persistent infection and numerous surgical procedures that just can't seem to rid the diseased tissue. The stronger your immune system is the more easily your body can fight off an active HPV infection and/or a mild dysplasia (like your girlfriend).