Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
HPV//aldara/recurrent genital warts..

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

HPV//aldara/recurrent genital warts..

Hello i posted a little while back about trying Condyline on my genital warts, and the possibilitly of scarring being as I was going to use the solution right next to a scar that I had gotten from using ACV. ACV removed the majority of the wart, but also left me with two noticeable scars on the base of my penis. The wart came back after multiple trials with ACV, I have now since used Condyline in two or three different trials and yes It got rid of the wart but scarred my scrotum yet did not seem to scar or irritate the scar on the base of my penis :S. I used the solution 2x day for 3 days (sometimes 4) a week, 4 days off for 3 weeks. I believed the warts were gone as it has been a week or so and I havent seen anything coming back, but I can now see them recurring slowly in both spots.. I inquired to my doctor about trying Aldara, as I have some old aldara that I tried on my keloid scars years ago, he told me to "try it" and that it should work in three days, after reading much online about people having horrible experiences with this drug i chose to try condyline one more time in my last trial which is where I am now.
Now that I can see the warts coming back again, my question is; Should I try using aldara? The genital wart seems to be inside of the scar now, maybe the wart is gaining resistance with all the times i have gotten rid of it so far?
My doctor again told me I could come in for cauterization, but again I am very worried about the scarring.
What would be my best option for the point I am at? Why can I not get rid of the root of these warts?
thanks
For small warts several medications(like podophyllum resin, Podofilox (Condylox), Trichloroacetic and bichloroacetic acids, Imiquimod 5% cream and interferons) are available, which can be applied directly to the surface of the warts.Other treatment options include electrical cautery, surgical removal, Carbon dioxide laser treatment and electrodesiccation.

In my opinion you should talk to a cosmetologist/dermatologist about this and get these warts evaluated as they are recurring and you may need to opt for other methods of removal rather than applying Aldara on your own.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.