Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
HPV, "mole" turned out to be a wart

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

HPV, "mole" turned out to be a wart

I was diagnosed with HPV about a year ago.  I've since had a colposcopy which showed pre cancerous cells which were removed by the LEEP procedure.  I had what I thought to be a mole grow on my inner buttock.  I had seen two gynecologists since the growth of the mole, and neither were concerned with it being anything out of the normal.  I more recently went to see a dermatologist to get a cancer screening for my moles because I have lots of moles all over my body.  I showed the doctor the mole, which was dark in color and raised like any other mole would be.  She said she there was no reason for concern.  I insisted she removed it because it annoyed me and I have almost shaved it off many times myself.  My biopsy results came back and it showed to actually be a genital wart.  I have other moles in my genital region, should I be concerned about them being warts too? It's slightly discouraging to have three doctors tell you its nothing and have it come back as a wart.

Also, between the time of I recently noticed a small flesh colored bump located on the medial part of my outer labia.  My gyno said it looked of no concern and wasn't worried about it.  All she said was it was on my hair line and not to worry about it.

Should I see someone else regarding the bump, no I'm worried that could be a wart also?
i would get it biopsied...oh yes that is discouraging with all the docs!how do u feel about having the dermatologist biopsy it who was didn't want 2 then upon ur insistence did it and it turned out 2 b a genital wart?maybe easier than starting over with a new doc!are u using condoms?u probably should not be having sex until u find out for sure!
Have an HPV question?
100,000+ doctor answers