HPV 27 years ago
I was diagnosed with HPV with an abnormal pap 27 years ago.  I had noticed bumps prior to that but was very ignorant and had only been with one person at the age of 21 and he was 13 years my senior.  He claims he never had them, but I had cryosurgery to remove the abnormal cells.  I have been fine with paps every year since and have had a couple of relationships after that and a 22 year one that just ended with no ill affects on their part.  My husband never had any issues related to this.  Now I find myself single after all this time and I feel that a long time friend is probably going to ask me out and if not him, I do hope to date again.  Is it ridiculous to even bring this issue up or do I owe it to someone to say that almost 30 years ago I had genital warts?  The thought of having to say that is excruciating but I am a very honest person.  I just don't know if it is even relevant anymore and if it is not, would rather just not share.  Thank you!
And let me add that I had a perfectly normal pregnancy with no complications 17 years ago.
Scientists now think that the HPV infection that clears up on its own remains dormant in your body.  it can stay dormant or it can come back again.  Why it comes back isn't exactly known.
The best method of detecting and diagnosing HPV in women is through a regular pelvic exam and Pap smear. However to detect the strain, Qiagen or hybrid capture test can be done. You can get it done for the status of HPV.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

You should not say anything to your friend, IMO. The chances of it coming back is nearly zero. If you practice safe sex, its even lower. Keep your immune system strong and do get yearly paps to confirm your health. And unless your long-time friend is a virgin, he may have been exposed to it too. Most men had no idea of their HPV health because they cannot be tested. If he's been with more than 4 women in his entire life, the odds are good that he has it too.