HPV 31
Hi, I would like to share with the community my situation. I am in a long relationship (8 years). And three days ago my girlfriend told me that she has HPV 31, so as there is no HPV test for me, I think maybe I'm infected too. My question is if it is possible to have a normal life with this virus, I have read that there is no cure for this STD, and women are more likely to have cancer. We are afraid for cancer, so if someone can share his o her experience it will be useful for me.

Thanks for your time.
Yes, it is possible to have a normal life with HPV. There are 20 mllion infected in the US and millions more around the world. Yes, you are infected too. There is no cure, but there is belief that the virus does either leave your body or it goes dormant when your body fights it.  Boost up your immune system as much as possible (stop cig smoking, cut down or out alcohol, exercise, get plenty of rest, reduce stress, eat healthy, take a lot of vitamins, etc).  Cancer for men is very, very rare from this virus. A positive outlook is necessary. Since you two are both infected, you can have unsafe sex with each other as you cannot ping pong it back and forth. Stick with that gal as she will need your support too.