HUMAN PAPILLOMAVIRUS (HPV)
COMMUNITY
HPV 53
by jkgirl221, Aug 18, 2008
I just got diagnosed with HPV 53 which I read online is low risk but everything that has come back thus far from pathology has been high risk.  Apparently I got this from my partner of three years but previously I have tested clean.  We've done two pap tests and something where they look up there with a camera and spray a solution to see where the patches are.  I'm just worried about having a normal sex life, waiting three months for another checkup, and these cells being high risk.  There's so much conflicting information.  I actually went in for cramping due to my Mirena implant.  Anyone else know much more info on #53?  There has never been any symptoms.  
Related Discussions
Member Comments (3)
by jkgirl221, Aug 18, 2008
BTW, they are talking about early stages of it developing into cervical cancer.  I guess that ties into the high risk of the cells turning into cancerous.  Sorry, should have cleared up the whole high risk term.  I understand it's a risk of spreading but I meant high risk as far as developing into cancer.  Sorry!
by ibizanBlank, Aug 18, 2008
low risk is 6 and 11 high risk is 53 as well as many other strains with it....ur fear of it going in2 cerv cancer is needless if u follow medical advice.i had high risk last year a LEEP follow up paps and am doing well!
by irinit, Feb 26, 2009
hi! i found that i have hpv 3 years ago and very fast it become cin1!i think its high-risk virus.now im doing regularly pap every 3 months and sometimes its only hpv and sometimes only cin1!